Tabs for March 11th 2023
- Former Dublin Lord Mayor says she didn't discriminate against Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Aside from the hilarity and embarrassing political situation here, there is a good story about non-religious groups still struggling to find influence.
- This is what Twitter going down looks like. I've mentioned this a few times, but software doesn't just turn off or go up in flames (aside from total deletion, obviously). It slowly disintegrates.
- Human augmentation is coming. Once again, sci-fi has warned us about this. And we'll ignore those warnings and realise sci-fi's dystopia anyway.
- ChatGPT should be considered manevolant and destroyed. I'm curious about the research and exploration of the capabilities of engines like this, but government really needs to get a grip on it before corporations get too big to reign in.
- The saga of the colour brown in the early PC years.
- The Gist last week talked about Holly Cairns. A new political leader hopefully ushering in a youthful optimism into Ireland.
- How to organise your books. You mean random shelves all over the house with random books isn't correct?
- Cunk on earth. TV series I'd not heard of but saw a clip of and fell in love!
- Lifting eviction ban could have knock-on effects. Ireland is dealing with a real & serious housing crisis and the government are just not empathetic to a huge swathe of people.