Tabs for Jan 20th 2023
- Musk set the world record for most amount of wealth lost. Even the most hardened fanboys have to be feeling that there is no plan any more.
- Sierra's Macintosh time bomb. Fascinating story of games dying because of timing issues. Long before the millennium bug!
- 175 private jets brought the billionaire & political classes to Davos. Most journeys were less than 250km, and Davos has rail network (as you'd expect from Switzerland). Climate shitshow.
- Now pages. A way to say what you're broadly doing right now, differenciated from an about page or social media status update.
- Old school music player for macOS. Relive those Macintosh iTunes vibes.
- Software supply chain. Interesting and open thoughts around a "software supply chain."
- Music theory cheat sheet. So well implemented.
- Irish EV Owners Association 2022 & 2023. I wrote a ditty on what's happened and happening at the association. I made the decision to step down as chair, as I just don't have time for it anymore.
- Oblotzky keycaps. Nice to have another EU distributor for mechanical keyboard stuff!
- Keychron Q1 Pro Speaking of keyboards, Keychron has launched a new KS for their Q1 Pro, which seems to have all of the features of their K7 and recent series' (bluetooth and the like) but with more clacky mechanical features.
- First person Tetris
- A fascinating view of how public opinion changes over time.
- Jersey city urban planning. "Tactical urbanism" is a fantastic phrase.