Tabs for 6th Jan 2023
- AVC goes through what will happen in 2023 from a tech, industry and web3 perspective
- Ever wonder why Japan is obsessed about traffic cones?
- McKinsey published their global payments report, which mentions my workplace briefly. Interesting to see a 15% reduction in cash being used, but 11% growth in payments overall. Big one for $workplace's go-to-market position is an expectation of "embedded finance" (putting fintech into your overall customer journey) is likely to double from $20bn in 2021 over the next 3-5 years. I think that's conservative.
- Sonic & the Fallen Star A fan-made homage/tribute to the old 16-bit Sonic games. Works well on Steam Deck!
- Data from 200m Twitter accounts compromised & leaked. It continues to be the drama of the decade over at birdsite.
- Kevin McCarthy keeps losing In a weird, and historic, bid to become a minority speaker of the House in the US, I'm reminded that we're exposed to too much American politics. And that America really needs to shift away from the silly system they have. Ireland's proportional representation system is space-age by comparison.
- The best movie posters of 2022
- Bring Back Blogs The movement to bring blogging back is as much a story of decentralisation through RSS & actually well-designed sites, as it is about people typing things.